Wednesday, September 2, 2009

And the reality sets in....


Whoa, what a whirlwind this past week has been: defending the thesis, celebrating being done with the thesis (hence, the picture on the right), garage sale, packing up house, cleaning up house, and moving my life into random places. I'm officially homeless and ready to spend these next few weeks really enjoying and appreciating the people in my life.

Leaving Albuquerque today (but don't worry, I'll be back before leaving the country) left me extremely nostalgic and a little lost. It's been home for me for the past 5 years and I've really grown to love it. I love going down to the river or up to the mountains within minutes. I love that you can go skiing in the morning and mountain biking in the afternoon on the same day. I love riding my bike downtown to go to yoga or to the El Rey and hippie dance my bootie off all night. I love playing croquet in the backyard and sitting on the porch for hours. Most of all, though, I love the people who have become a part of my life and shared all of these activities with me. I've been surrounded by a real community and I feel so fortunate for that. To all those special Burqueans reading this----Thank you for all the support, encouragement and help over these past few weeks and thank you for your friendship over the past 5 years. I feel very loved right now and I owe that all to you. I will miss you immensely (but I'll get to tell you that in person in 2 weeks).

4 comments:

  1. I miss you way more than the 'burque! Sending good vibes and anxiously waiting on great stories. Safe travels Leah! -Travis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear your voice in your writing and I love it. Keep blogging. Much Love, Auntie Dacia

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's the spying for the CIA going?

    ReplyDelete