Tuesday, October 27, 2009

All´s well

Not much to write about today, but I´m catching you all up with some pictures that I´ve been meaning to post for a while. My health is back up to par, no need to worry. I´m taking Ciproflaxin, so anything living in my stomach or intestines is bound to be dead by now. Our agroforestry group spent the weekend at a sweet agroforestry demonstration farm so now we´re all pumped as to the possiblities when we finally get to our sites. Anyway, here are the photos:





My hose mom (left) and aunt (right) in the kitchen with some of the dead, or soon to be dead, chickens




One of our many dogs, Monito, chewing on a chicken foot. Priceless.




Part of the mess of the chicken harvest. In an obviously very sterile environment....




This is me milking my first cow. I was pretty bad at it (it´s much harder than it looks for you cityfolk out there) but I´ve since done it a couple more times and have definitely picked up the skill






This is a wall in one of the houses at the volunteer´s site whom I visited a couple of weeks ago. Those are armadillo shells hanging on the wall, some painted green, because that´s what they hunt around there for fun. I think it´s just funny.




This is what that volunteer´s site looks like. It´s in one of the prettiest areas of Paraguay, so I hear.





Part of the agroforestry gang, drinking beers at the local bar, Papu´s.



A sweet picture of a butterfly I took today when visiting a tree nursery at a University near Asuncion



While at the university, we also went to the taxidermy museum. So this is me with some weird stuffed animals.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Love reading your blogs. Sounds like you are settling in. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete